Saturday, March 2, 2019

Getting Off The Grid - The Wintertime Blues Because Of Rain




Sometimes life does not go as planned, or we do not get what we want. Last week it rained all week long. So I got busy inside and with the tax prep.

That is where I have been, doing the real life thing, working and then going over what I made and how much I spent of the income. Tax Prep.

I am not sure many people know how much money they earn and how much they spend on daily needs of power, heat and water.

Each year I think "why?"  I do love this house but at the moment I pay way to much to heat and cool it. I need a free way to heat and cool. I am gonna try to make this my break out year.

 

So... Feb. 17th to the 23rd. went just like this :

Monday - Cleaned house
Tuesday - Rain all day
Wednesday - Rained all day
Thursday - Doctors
Friday - Looking at the old home place, flooded here on the homestead
Saturday- Worked at a rental
Sunday - Worked at a rental

With the nights spent on the computer or with a pen and paper in hand. 

This week, the last of Feb. (Feb. 24th. to March 3rd.) and the beginning of March will be about the same with doctor appointments and my make a living jobs as well as rainfall nearly everyday. 


I still have 12 standing small pines to cut down.

I still have the fence to put up for the dogs.

I still have the building to move here.

I still have so much to do on this homestead. 

But I will get it done, sooner or later.



The good new is that finally the big boy tomato seed I sowed a couple weeks ago are coming up, thin so far but they are showing up. 

Beginning on March 4th. we have a terrible cold front coming in where the temperatures will fall back into the 40`s for highs and 20`s for lows! Its terrible because many of the trees already have leaves.

Although it will be cold, I do have a couple days off that I could cut down those trees, we`ll have to see how well I handle this blast of cold air.

How is life on your homestead? 

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry

I am still making progress on this homestead, getting a store built. For now I am just selling online, so check out my online store for homemade lotions, soaps and more. All made as natural as possible. Sunshine`s Homestead Creations. 



8 comments:

  1. Are you off the grid if you are online?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are degrees of off grid, but no I am not and when I am I will still be online, I will just have free power to run what I enjoy.

      Delete
  2. Here we have a freeze...not a deep freeze, but in between a very long warm thaw and another one expected to arrive soon.

    Also kittens. I think. Considering that their mother is a pet who invited me to peek at them before the air outside her nest space got so cold, I know amazingly little about these kittens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angie, I keep track of everything. I am trying to save. I have gotten a lot of cleaning done. I got rid of a lot of trash and have a lot of stuff to sell. The last month plus has been very bad for me. I lost three dear friends and Fred passed away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to hear all this. May God bless you from this day on.

      Delete
  4. Your fields look like our rice fields ...Hope all good with you it sounds like you are doing great with your off grid plan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was a flood! Yes I am still trying, I will get there sooner or later.

      Delete