Sunday, October 13, 2019

Getting Off The Grid - Fall Upkeep




Living on a homestead there are always chores to get done, each season has a different set.

I make myself a list of chores to get done, it makes life easier for me.



1 - Mow grass so the homestead looks nice and neat.

2 - Cut down any over grown bushes, if possible root for new plants.

3 - Clean the dead plants out of vegetables beds and flower beds.

4 - Trim lower limbs of trees, cut for fire wood or use wood chipper if possible.

5 - Stack and store tomato cages.

6 - Rake pine straw and bag up for later use.



7 - Start herb cuttings for winter use in kitchen windowsill.

8 - Plant new fruit and nut trees.

9 - Take houseplants inside for the winter.

10 - Wash and clean all your mowers and digging tools.



That is how I do October on the homestead, how about you? Do you have certain things that you want done?

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I didnt finish my list but I am getting close.

      Delete
  2. Really very nice blog. DK Business Patron offers excellent services in the insurance, finance, healthcare, and HR sector. It collects the data, analyzes it, and provides you with effective solutions to grow your business.

    Call Center Outsourcing in India
    Collection Agency in India
    IT Staffing Agency in India

    ReplyDelete